Parenting award - almost finished

 Working with the gold necklace I bought from Cookson Gold I added the wired teeth. It was a painstaking process! My eyesight and fingers did not feel they were up to the job. I added the teeth with the wire, ensuring each one was safely attached.

Showing Marianne, head of the jewellery MA course at London Met was a real help. She was surprised how good it looked, after some reservations when I first told her about my idea! They look like pearls from a distance - pearly whites (the cockney name for teeth).

She advised on how I could tidy the wire attachments and she let me shoot the necklace on a mannequin in her room. The mannequin is called Bertha and it has a worn, vintage feel which worked surprisingly well in the shots. I also tried a new mannequin which, as you can see below doesn't have the same impact.

Almost there with this piece and I am really happy with the outcome so far.


Necklace shown spread wide around the neck 
on Bertha the mannequin.

Necklace shown hanging long like a medal or award,
the original idea for the piece.


Shot on a modern, new mannequin which 
I feel didn't have the same impact as the 
vintage worn mannequin.




Comments

Popular Posts