Display inspiration at Whitechapel Gallery

A Century of the Artist Studio exhibition (1920 - 2020) at the Whitechapel Gallery.

A show which turned out to be the perfect place to get inspiration for how to display my work. Each artist or group of artists had been displayed differently and in theme with their work and workspace. See the images below for ideas on ways to display.

I feel I can benefit from how large galleries work with found items and artworks alongside each other. I sometime worry that my work in not 'made' enough, too much 'found' items. This takes time and research and I am telling the narrative through these items. However, I am not sure it is always understood by the viewer. I also love the making aspect so I want to ensure I still feature made objects in my work.











Comments

Popular Posts