Parenting Award - sculpture, process

 I have been working on my parenting award. This is a tongue in cheek award for parents who's children reach the age of 10. I created this in response to a radio show which discussed 'should the Olympian's parents get an award?'. The effort put in for them taking them to practice, booking the sessions, ensuring the eat, sleep, focus, etc. 

I thought this was amusing and could be said of all parents, carrying out their parenting role including the 'tooth fairy' role.

I wanted to use authentic objects as my practice and dissertation are focused on material cultures and the meanings we attached to objects.



Wrapped teeth with the bracelets I tried in my making process


20 teeth, the number of teeth children loose 


All shapes and sizes, some teeth were easier to wrap than others 
(molars were easier, bigger and more nodules to attach to)



Thin gold wire wrapping, shows the maximum of tooth 
and gives a delicate, precious feel.


 

Comments

Popular Posts